- New Student Enrollment Information
- Pre-Kindergarten Registration
- Kindergarten Registration
- Returning Student Paperwork
- Student Reassignments (Transfers) and District Release
INFORMATION FOR PARENTS:
If your family lacks a fixed, regular, and adequate nighttime residence, including:
Sharing the housing of other persons due to loss of housing, economic hardship, or a similar reason
Living in motels, hotels, trailer parks, or camping grounds due to the lack of alternative adequate accommodations
Living in emergency or transitional shelters
Awaiting Foster Care placement
Have a primary nighttime residence that is a public or private place not designed for or ordinarily used as a regular sleeping accommodation for human beings
Living in cars, parks, public spaces, abandoned buildings, substandard housing, bus or train stations, or similar settings
Migratory children living in the circumstances described above
Unaccompanied youth (a child or youth that is not in the physical custody of a parent or guardian) living in the circumstances described above
Your child(ren) may qualify for certain rights and protections under the federal McKinney-Vento Act.
If you believe you may be eligible for McKinney-Vento services or for more information please contact Midge Hudyma, McKinney Vento Homeless Liaison, at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 252-335-2974 x112 or 252-312-6638.
All new student registrations must be completed online. In addition to completing the online registration, proof of residency, and a birth certificate will need to be brought to the school in which your child will be attending. Your child's registration is not complete until we receive this information plus what is listed on the checklist that is attached on this page. Once you have completed the online registration, please contact the school directly to see if further information is needed. *
Need additional help? Check out our "How-To Videos" below:
Need Additional Help?
If you are having issues or questions regarding the new student registration site please contact the school in which your child will be attending. We have provided the name, email address, and phone number of the persons that you will need to contact below.
Elizabeth City-Pasquotank Public Schools
2023-2024 School Year
ECPPS Pre-Kindergarten registrations/applications for the 2023-2024 school year start March 20th! Online applications can be completed at https://pasquotankncc.scriborder.com/family.
Acceptance to the Pre-K program is not considered on a “first come, first served” basis. Children will be considered eligible for the program based on the following criteria:
- MUST reside in Pasquotank County.
- MUST be completely toilet trained unless there is a documented medical condition to prevent otherwise.
- MUST be four years old on or before August 31 of the current year
- MUST meet the screening qualifications. ALL children with a completed application packet will be screened using the DIAL-4 screening assessment. The screening will assess the child’s developmental skills based on their chronological age on the day of screening.
**Special note: 1) If you have accepted a Pre-K slot at Head Start, you will not be considered for a slot at Sheep-Harney Elementary School or other contracted sites. 2) We will be unable to honor teacher or location requests.
The following items are needed to complete the application process:
- Child’s Birth Certificate for proof of age. If your child does not have a legal birth certificate, another form of documentation must be presented to verify the child’s age. Any exception to a legal birth certificate will be made on an individual, case-by-case basis.
- Child’s Social Security Card – The social security number is strongly encouraged to be presented in order for your child’s identification information to be entered in the student information program.
- Child’s Shot Record (must be up-to-date)
- Verification of Income – Current W-2 forms or 1040 Income Tax form (i.e. 1040 form or 1040 EZ form); no paycheck stubs will be accepted
|You must submit at least one document from EACH of the columns.|
|Proof of Residence – Choose 1||Proof of Identification – Choose 1|
|Bills must be dated within the past 30 days:
For more information, please contact the Pre-K Office at (252) 338-1194 or (252) 335-4303 ext. 277.
The Elizabeth City–Pasquotank Public School System conducts activities and procedures without regard to race, creed, color, national origin, gender or disability.
To register, students must be five years old on or before August 31 of the current year.
Applications are completed online using the following link: https://pasquotankncc.scriborder.com/family.
To enroll a child in kindergarten, parents must provide the following items:
1. The child’s legal birth certificate (certificates must have a seal) OR, if your child does not have a legal birth certificate, other documented proof of age must be presented. This statement does not guarantee that the documentation presented in lieu of a legal birth certificate will be accepted. Exceptions to a legal birth certificate will be made on an individual, case-by-case basis.
2. A current proof of residence (such as an electric bill, mortgage statement or lease agreement) must be available for review/documentation.
After completing the enrollment process, acceptance into Kindergarten will be based on the following criteria:
1. Parent(s) or Legal Guardian MUST reside in the school’s attendance area and provide documentation as parent or legal guardian of child.
2. The child MUST be five years old on or before August 31 of the current year
3. The child MUST have an up-to-date immunization record (all immunizations must be up-to-date before the 30th calendar day from the first day of the student’s attendance in kindergarten).
4. Parent(s) or Legal Guardian MUST present a physical form for the student – signed and completed by the child’s doctor – See below...
*Note: Your child must have a physical completed and the form signed by his/her doctor no later than the 30th calendar day after their first day of attendance to remain enrolled in school.
For more information regarding kindergarten registrations, parents should call the elementary school for the attendance zone in which they live.
Central Elementary School (252) 335-4305
Northside Elementary School (252) 335-2033
J.C. Sawyer Elementary School (252) 338-1012
Pasquotank Elementary School (252) 335-4205
P.W. Moore Elementary School (252) 338-5000
Sheep-Harney Elementary School (252) 335-4303
Weeksville Elementary School (252) 330-2606
North Carolina State Board of Education Early Kindergarten Admission information can be found at http://www.ncpublicschools.org/docs/fbs/accounting/manuals/sasa.pdf then go to Chapter 9, page 60 of the document.
Elizabeth City Pasquotank County Schools is now offering a secure portal to complete all required beginning of the year student and parent forms. These forms are required for all returning students. The required forms for returning student enrollment include:
- Parent/Guardian & Emergency Contact Information
- Video/Photo/Media Release
- Technology Responsible Use & Insurance Agreement
- Student Bus Rider Information
- Student Medical & Health Information
- Family Educational Rights & Privacy Act
- Military Family Information
In order to complete the online form submission, the following items are required to be uploaded and attached in order for all forms to be complete:
- Parent/Guardian Government Issued Photo ID (to verify identity)
- Residency Documentation (if student has moved in the past 12 months)
- Digital Signature
Need additional help? Check out our "How-To Videos" below:
Please have all beginning of the year paperwork for returning students complete and submitted via our online portal by October 8th. For additional questions, please contact your school.
Student transfer requests are now considered student reassignment requests. Reassignment applications are submitted online using the following link: ECPPS Student Reassignment (Transfer) Application 2023-24.
District Release applications for the 2023-2024 school year are now available and must be completed online via our ECPPS Family Dashboard: ECPPS District Release.
The official request period for Elizabeth City Pasquotank Public School System students seeking a school reassignment (transfer) for the 2023-24 school year ends on June 7th. Reassignment requests will not be considered after June 7th.
Reassignment (transfer) requests are considered according to reasons as stipulated in ECPPS Policy Code: 4150 School of Assignment
Kindergarten students, and students new to ECPPS, should register at the school assigned to their home address. If permission to transfer is granted, the records will be forwarded to the out-of-district school.
Those who submit transfer requests will be notified by email if your request is approved or denied. If eligible, the email will include information about how to schedule an appeal to the Board of Education.
Students should enroll at the school assigned to their home address until the request can be acted upon by the Board of Education.