Kindergarten registration for the 2022 - 2023 school year begins April 4th - May 6th
ECPPS Kindergarten registrations for the 2022 - 2023 school year will be accepted beginning April 4th through May 6th! To register, students must be five years old on or before August 31, 2022.
Applications are completed online using the following link: https://pasquotankncc.scriborder.com/family.
To enroll a child in kindergarten, parents must provide the following items:
1. The child’s legal birth certificate (certificates must have a seal) OR, if your child does not have a legal birth certificate, other documented proof of age must be presented. This statement does not guarantee that the documentation presented in lieu of a legal birth certificate will be accepted. Exceptions to a legal birth certificate will be made on an individual, case-by-case basis.
2. A current proof of residence (such as an electric bill, mortgage statement or lease agreement) must be available for review/documentation.
After completing the enrollment process, acceptance into Kindergarten will be based on the following criteria:
1. Parent(s) or Legal Guardian MUST reside in the school’s attendance area and provide documentation as parent or legal guardian of child.
2. The child MUST be five years old on or before August 31, 2022.
3. The child MUST have an up-to-date immunization record (all immunizations must be up-to-date before the 30th calendar day from the first day of the student’s attendance in kindergarten).
4. Parent(s) or Legal Guardian MUST present a physical form for the student – signed and completed by the child’s doctor – See below...
*Note: Your child must have a physical completed and the form signed by his/her doctor no later than the 30th calendar day after their first day of attendance to remain enrolled in school.
For more information regarding kindergarten registrations, parents should call the elementary school for the attendance zone in which they live.
Central Elementary School (252) 335-4305
Northside Elementary School (252) 335-2033
J.C. Sawyer Elementary School (252) 338-1012
Pasquotank Elementary School (252) 335-4205
P.W. Moore Elementary School (252) 338-5000
Sheep-Harney Elementary School (252) 335-4303
Weeksville Elementary School (252) 330-2606
North Carolina State Board of Education Early Kindergarten Admission information can be found at http://www.ncpublicschools.org/docs/fbs/accounting/manuals/sasa.pdf then go to Chapter 9, page 60 of the document.