Peter W. Moore
Built at what is now 606 Roanoke Avenue in 1923 as first consolidated high school for blacks in Pasquotank County. P.W. Moore was first known as Dunbar High School but later was renamed to honor Peter W. Moore (1859-1934), the first principal at State Colored Normal School at Elizabeth City, now Elizabeth City State University. After desegregation in 1970 and the opening of Northeastern High School, P.W. Moore became an elementary / junior high school until it was vacated and eventually demolished in 1988. It's doors reopened August 15, 1990 after reconstruction.
In Loving Remembrance
Peter Wreddrick Moore A.B., A.M., L.L.D
He lived for others