Kindergarten Registration Information
Kindergarten Registration 2020-2021
Elementary schools in the Elizabeth City-Pasquotank Public School District are welcoming parents of rising kindergarteners to register their children for the 2020-2021 school year. To register, students must be five years old on or before August 31, 2020.
All seven elementary schools will hold kindergarten registration at the same time at their respective schools. Dates and times are:Wednesday, April 29th (1:00 pm - 3:30 pm)
Thursday, April 30th (3:00 pm - 6:00 pm)
Friday, May 1st (8:00 am - 12:00 pm)
To enroll a child in kindergarten, parents must bring their child and the following items:
1. The child’s legal birth certificate (certificates must have a seal) OR, if your child does not have a legal birth certificate, other documented proof of age must be presented. This statement does not guarantee that the documentation presented in lieu of a legal birth certificate will be accepted. Exceptions to a legal birth certificate will be made on an individual, case-by-case basis.
2. Your child’s social security number is strongly encouraged to be presented in order for his/her identification information to be complete in our student accounting program.
3. A current proof of residence (such as an electric bill, mortgage statement or lease agreement) must be available for review/documentation.
* If you do not have a physical form for your child’s doctor to complete and sign, please let the person registering your child know and one will be provided for you.
After completing the enrollment process, acceptance into Kindergarten will be based on the following criteria:
1. Parent(s) or Legal Guardian MUST reside in the school’s attendance area and provide documentation as parent or legal guardian of child.
2. The child MUST be five years old on or before August 31, 2020.
3. The child MUST have an up-to-date immunization record (all immunizations must be up-to-date before the 30th calendar day from the first day of the student’s attendance in kindergarten).4. Parent(s) or Legal Guardian MUST present a physical form for the student – signed and completed by the child’s doctor – See below...
*Note: Your child must have a physical completed and the form signed by his/her doctor no later than the 30th calendar day after their first day of attendance to remain enrolled in school.
For more information regarding kindergarten registrations, parents should call the elementary school for the attendance zone in which they live.
Central Elementary School (252) 335-4305
Northside Elementary School (252) 335-2033
J.C. Sawyer Elementary School (252) 338-1012
Pasquotank Elementary School (252) 335-4205
P.W. Moore Elementary School (252) 338-5000
Sheep-Harney Elementary School (252) 335-4303
Weeksville Elementary School (252) 330-2606
North Carolina State Board of Education Early Kindergarten Admission information can be found at http://www.ncpublicschools.org/docs/fbs/accounting/manuals/sasa.pdf then go to Chapter 9, page 60 of the document.