Pre-K Registration Information
Elizabeth City-Pasquotank Public Schools
Acceptance to the Pre-K program is not considered on a “first come, first served” basis. Children will be considered eligible for the program based on the following criteria:
- MUST reside in Pasquotank County.
- MUST be completely toilet trained unless there is a documented medical condition to prevent otherwise.
- MUST be four years old on or before August 31, 2020.
- MUST meet the screening qualifications. ALL children with a completed application packet will be screened using the DIAL-4 screening assessment. The screening will assess the child’s developmental skills based on their chronological age on the day of screening.
**Special note: 1) If you have accepted a Pre-K slot at Head Start, you will not be considered for a slot at Sheep-Harney Elementary School or other contracted sites. 2) We will be unable to honor teacher or location requests.
2020-2021 ECPPS Pre-K Program Registration Schedule
Registration will be conducted during the specified hours
on the designated days listed below based on your child’s last name.
March 3rd (9:00 am – 12:00 pm); March 5th (4:00 – 6:00 pm) – child’s last name beginning with A-F
March 10th (9:00 am – 12:00 pm); March 12th (4:00 – 6:00 pm) – child’s last name beginning with G-L
March 17th (9:00 am – 12:00 pm); March 19th (4:00 – 6:00 pm) – child’s last name beginning with M-R
March 24th (9:00 am – 12:00 pm); March 26th (4:00 – 6:00 pm) – child’s last name beginning with S-Z
*Assistance for Spanish speaking families will be available on March 5th and March 12th
Please bring the following items to complete the application process:
- Child’s Birth Certificate for proof of age. If your child does not have a legal birth certificate, another form of documentation must be presented to verify the child’s age. Any exception to a legal birth certificate will be made on an individual, case-by-case basis.
- Child’s Social Security Card – The social security number is strongly encouraged to be presented in order for your child’s identification information to be entered in the student information program.
- Child’s Shot Record (must be up-to-date)
- Verification of Income – 2019 W-2 forms or 2019 1040 Income Tax form (i.e. 1040 form or 1040 EZ form); no paycheck stubs will be accepted
|You must submit at least one document from EACH of the columns.|
|Proof of Residence – Choose 1||Proof of Identification – Choose 1|
Bills must be dated within the past 30 days:
For more information, please contact the Pre-K Office at (252) 338-1194.
The Elizabeth City–Pasquotank Public School System conducts activities and procedures without regard to race, creed, color, national origin, gender or disability.