Pre-K Registration Information
Elizabeth City-Pasquotank Public Schools
Acceptance to the Pre-K program is not considered on a “first come first serve” basis. Children will be considered eligible for the program based on the following criteria:
- MUST reside in Pasquotank County.
- MUST be completely toilet trained unless there is a documented medical condition to prevent otherwise.
- MUST be four years old on or before August 31, 2019.
- MUST meet the screening qualifications. ALL children with a completed application packet will be screened using the DIAL-4 screening assessment. The screening will assess the child’s developmental skills based on their chronological age on the day of screening.
**Please note: 1) If you have accepted a Pre-K slot at Head Start, you will not be considered for a slot at Sheep-Harney Elementary School or other contracted sites. 2) We will be unable to honor teacher or location requests.
Please bring the following items to complete the application process:
- Child’s Birth Certificate for proof of age. If your child does not have a legal birth certificate, another form of documentation must be presented to verify the child’s age. Any exception to a legal birth certificate will be made on an individual, case-by-case basis.
- Child’s Social Security Card – The social security number is strongly encouraged to be presented in order for your child’s identification information to be entered in the student information program.
- Child’s Shot Record (must be up-to-date)
- Verification of Income – 2018 W-2 forms or 2018 1040 Income Tax form (i.e. 1040 form or 1040 EZ form); no paycheck stubs will be accepted
|You must submit at least one document from EACH of the columns.|
|Proof of Residence – Choose 1||Proof of Identification – Choose 1|
Bills must be dated within the past 30 days:
For more information, please contact the Pre-K Office at 338-1194.
The Elizabeth City – Pasquotank Public School System conducts activities and procedures without regard to race, creed, color, national origin, gender or disability.